Thursday 7 July 2011

Were gonna party like it's 1980!

My cousin had her 30th birthday the other week and threw an 80's themed fancy dress party. 
As usual me and my family spent way too long making our costumes.
Being a big TRON fan i decided to go as Yori
Here's how i made mine.



I made the basic leotard with spandex which is horrible to sew with.
I tried to re-enact the scene with the memory disk
 by using the cats food bowl.  



Hand painted on the design


Then decided to add some glow in the dark paint to make it extra special



Making the hat from cardboard and lots of PVA



Fancy boot covers made with wadding 
and a lot of machine stitching.




tissue paper and even more PVA




hurray finally finished i wont say how long it took let's just say too long
I might look like a gimp but it was worth it!




No comments:

Post a Comment